Follow the Money
Included below is an excerpt from the Wikipedia page for: International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. It identifies
The following four parties involved in the the initiation and funding of the ISUOG "Outreach Program" by the Norwegian government (i.e., the Norwegian tax payers)
- Sturla H. Eik-Nes: President of ISUOG (1998-2002)
Sturla H. Eik-Nes: History of the ISUOG Outreach Program. ISUOG's "Outreach was the brainchild of Sturla Eik-Nes"
- National Center for Fetal Medicine (NCFM): funded the ISUOG “Outreach Program”
- Norwegian Government: Funded the ISUOG “Outreach Program”
Started “Outreach Program” International Society of Ultrasound (ISUOG) in 1998 involving Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and South Africa – ongoing." (Source: The Research Council of Norway & NTNU: The 7th Conference on Global Health and Vaccination Research: Innovation for Global Health 26th-27th September 2012, Clarion Hotel and Conference, Trondheim)
History | About ISUOG Outreach | Outreach | ISUOGwww.isuog.org/Outreach/About_ISUOG_Outreach/History/
Outreach Committee: https://www.isuog.org/about-us/governance/committees/outreach-committee.html
ISUOG OutreachStories from our field teams as they carry out ultrasound training around the world.
History of the ISUOG Outreach Program. ISUOG's Outreach was the brainchild of Sturla Eik-Nes(ISUOG President 1998-2002) who developed these activities ...
"ISUOG’s first Outreach program was developed with the support of the World Health Organization (WHO) and funding from the National Center for Fetal Medicine (NCFM, Norway), and Norwegian government. The first Outreach course took place in Manila, the Philippines, in 1996. Outreach is committed to improving maternal healthcare services in underserved regions of the world by:
- Promoting and providing high-quality education in ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology
- Improving the availability of ultrasound
- Increasing the potential to diagnose life-threatening obstetric complications and gynecological conditions
- “Training trainers”